The Museum of Islamische Kunst in Berlin is getting ready to undergo its biggest transformation since its foundation, with a brand-new permanent exhibition due to open in 2026. In this episode of the ART Informant, Isabelle Imbert welcomes Dr Deniz Erduman-Çalış, curator of Islamic arts, to talk about the new permanent exhibition of Islamic arts, the inherent challenges in designing new rooms, but also the opportunities to tell new stories and retell old ones. A lot to be excited for!
If you’ve liked this episode and want to support the initiative, please consider donating
Mentioned in the Episode and Further Links
- Follow the Art Informant on Instagram and Twitter
- Follow Deniz Erduman-Çalış on Academia and LinkedIn
- Museum fur Islamische Kunst website
- Surah al-Nur (24)
- Takht-e Suleiman, summer royal palace of the Ilkhanid ruler Abaqa (r. 1265–82)
- Click here for more episodes of the ART Informant.