In the 12th episode of the ART Informant, Isabelle Imbert welcomes Nicoletta Fazio, Curator of Iranian Lands in the Museum of Islamic Art of Doha, Qatar. Since she joined the museum in 2018, she and the team have been working on the relaunch of the galleries, scheduled for the end of this year. Before moving to Doha, Nicoletta spent several years working in the Museum fur Islamische Kunst in Berlin, so it was interesting talking about the transition between Germany and Qatar, as well as the differences in curatorial practices, especially around religious themes. Through this conversation, Nicoletta opened a window into the mind of a curator!
If you’ve liked this episode and want to support the initiative, please consider donating
Mentioned in the Episode and Further Links
- Follow the Art Informant on Instagram and Twitter
- Follow Nicoletta Fazio on Instagram and Academia
- Website of the Museum of Islamic Arts, Doha
- YouTube interview with Julia Gonnella on the reopening of the Museum of Islamic Arts of Doha
- Thalia Kennedy, Jo Hargreaves, Aisha al Khater, “A study of visitor behaviour at the Museum of Islamic Art, Doha“, in Karen Exell, Sarina Wakefield, Museums of Arabia, Transnational Practices and Regional Processes, London: Routledge, 2016
- YouTube: Museum Series – The Curation and Influence of Islamic Art in Museums Today
- Click here for more episodes of the ART Informant.