In this episode, Isabelle Imbert welcomes Dr Rachel Parikh, doctor in Islamic and Indian art history and curator specialised in arms and armours. Rachel and Isabelle started talking and didn’t see the time go by, ending up with a very long episode. After a vote on Instagram, it was decided that the episode would be divided in two, Part 1 focusing on Rachel’s career, her research on the Falnama manuscript in the Khalili collection, and her shift to curating, while Part 2 will be dedicated solely to arms and armours.
Mentioned in the Episode and Further Links
- Follow the Art Informant on Instagram and Twitter
- Follow Rachel Parikh on Instagram
- Rachel Parikh, The Khalili Falnama, London: Khalili Foundation, 2022
- Exhibition “Power and Piety: Islamic Talismans on the Battlefield”, curated by Rachel Parikh
- Click here for more episodes of the ART Informant.